The 28-year-old has grown in stature at the west London club after initial struggles, and has been a regular starter in Frank Lampard’s team, having featured in 37 games in all competitions this season.
Juventus are said be keen on him, with Sarri believed to be a huge admirer of the midfielder he has coached at both Napoli and Chelsea.
Speaking to 90min earlier this year, his agent, Santos, had revealed he had two offers on table, but the situation appears to have changed, with the agent now hinting the player might not be on the move in the summer. “It will be a strange market because nobody knows when it will return to normal,’ Santos told Calcio Mercato [via Metro], before adding, “If we play the next league without fans, nobody will be able to afford to do deals.”
Santos claims Jorginho’s price has increased in recent years, but conceded it is difficult for an offer to come in, in the current situation as he said, “The next season could be behind closed doors, and that’s a big deal. Chelsea have already spent because they weren’t able to buy last year. The price in recent years for Jorginho has certainly increased. He has done well in London and played for the national team.”
Jorginho will STAY at Chelsea this summer as his agent claims ‘NOBODY can afford’ midfielder https://t.co/kqmcR8PyYp
— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) June 23, 2020
“He is now the vice-captain at Chelsea and has accumulated a lot of experience in the Champions League and the Europa League. I think it’s very difficult for an offer to come in for Jorginho. There isn’t a team at this moment that can make this type of investment at this time,” his agent concluded, in what comes as a welcome news for Chelsea, who have already secured deals for Werner and Ziyech and are keen on signing Havertz and Chilwell.